Connect with us


16-year-old arrested in connection to shooting death of 38-year-old Tiffany Higgins in Springfield

Due to the suspect’s status as a juvenile, police refrains from disclosing their identity.



A 16-year-old individual has been apprehended following a fatal shooting in Springfield on Sunday afternoon.

Springfield police and medical personnel responded to the 800 block of South Center Street around 2:45 p.m. on Sunday after receiving a report of a woman discovered inside the residence with several gunshot wounds, as stated by a Springfield police spokesperson.

Upon arrival, officers discovered Tiffany Higgins, aged 38 and from Springfield, deceased.

Subsequently, during the investigation, officers received intel indicating that a person of interest had issued threats to shoot unidentified individuals at an undisclosed school.

Acting out of an abundance of caution, the Springfield Police Division, in conjunction with the Springfield City School district and local schools in the City of Springfield and Clark County, concluded that it was prudent to close schools for March 18,” stated the spokesperson.

At approximately 1:00 a.m., a suspect was discovered and apprehended following a notification to the Ohio State Highway Patrol to be vigilant for a stolen vehicle.

The vehicle in question, a 2012 GMC Acadia, was being driven by a 16-year-old individual, as relayed by a spokesperson for the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Due to the suspect’s status as a juvenile, police refrains from disclosing their identity.

A trooper from the Springfield Post located the stolen vehicle on E. Rose Street in Springfield.

The trooper attempted a traffic stop, however, the GMC did not comply and a pursuit ensued.

According to troopers, during the pursuit, the suspect lost control of the GMC, veered off the road, and collided with two utility poles and a house in the 500 block of Linden Avenue.

Exiting the vehicle, the suspect fled on foot. OSP reported that the teenager did not obey verbal commands from the trooper and was subsequently apprehended. Further information has not been disclosed.