LEWISTON, Maine — A large-scale manhunt, involving numerous police officers, is currently underway in response to the tragic shootings that rocked this city of approximately 38,000 residents on Wednesday night.
According to an anonymous law enforcement official, at least 18 individuals lost their lives, while dozens more sustained injuries.
- • At 6:56 p.m., Wednesday, October 25, 2023 Auburn Communications Center was notified that a man walked into the Spare Time Recreation on Mollison Street in Lewiston and began shooting. This was confirmed by multiple 911 calls that followed.
- 4 employees were killed and one employee needed emergency surgery.
- • At 7:08 p.m., The Auburn Communications Center received multiple calls that a man had come into Schemengees Bar and Grille Restaurant on Lincoln Street and began shooting.
- • Multiple law enforcement agencies and emergency medical personnel were dispatched to the scenes.
- • At 8:06 pm, police released a photo of the shooter to the media.
- • At 9:26 p.m., the Lewiston Police Department received a call identifying the man in the distributed photos as Robert Card, age 40, of Bowdoin, Maine.
- • At 9:56 p.m., the Lisbon Police Department notified Lewiston Police that they had located a white Subaru at the Pejepscot Boat Launch in Lisbon. The vehicle was identified as belonging to Robert Card.
- • Police have confirmed that there were seven people killed at Sparetime Recreation, and eight people killed at Schemengees Bar and Grille. Three addition people died after being transported to Central Maine Medical Hospital in Lewiston for treatment. An additional 13 people were injured in the shootings.
- • Names of the victims are not available at this time as police continue to identify victims and contact family members.
- • Currently there are over 350 law enforcement personnel involved in the search for Robert Card, comprised of officers from all over the state, and national agencies as well.
- • If anyone has any information on Robert Card or about the shootings please call 207.213.9526 or 207.509.9002.
Another individual who fell victim to the tragic mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine has been identified as Billy Brackett. He was present at Schemenges at the time of the incident and tragically lost his life.
Another victim shot and killed in Lewiston Maine mass shooting identified as Ron Morin.
One of the victims in the Lewiston, Maine mass shooting has been identified as 23-year-old Justin Karcher.
His mother recounted that they were enjoying an evening at Schemengees Bar & Grille in Lewiston when a gunman opened fire, hitting her 23-year-old son four times, leaving him in critical condition.
She mentioned that her son, hailing from Auburn, went through urgent surgery and is presently reliant on a ventilator. She expressed that medical professionals have had to perform resuscitation procedures multiple times.
She emphasized that he is still in a critical condition. She described experiencing intense stress as she anxiously waits for updates and intends to visit her son in intensive care on Thursday morning.